Mama T's Sausage And Beef Casserole
- 1 pound beef chuck (cubed - like stew meat)
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 Large onion (sliced)
- 4 Cloves garlic (minced
- )2 Red or yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 Cans kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 Russet potatoes (peeled and cut in half lengthwise and then sliced into 8ths)
- 1 cup beef stock
- Dried basil (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Pre-heat oven to 350°F
In a large cast iron skillet brown the beef and set aside. In the same pan cook the sausage, breaking up as you cook (leaving big chunks, not crumbled), set aside.
Add the onion, garlic and peppers, cook until just tender.
In a large casserole dish mix together the beef, sausage, onion, garlic and peppers. Add the kidney beans and potatoes. Season with salt, pepper and basil to taste. Add beef stock. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
Cover and bake for about an hour or until potatoes are fork tender.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie Dip & With Cinnamon Pita... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy Parmesan Buttered Noodles 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy Grilled Pork Chops 4.2/5 (30 Votes)
- Bacony Potato Salad 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Beef Brisket 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- SQUID - Sausage Stuffed Squid 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sandwich with Bourbon... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)