Beef Taco Casserole
IT'S MEXICAN NIGHT!!!
- Taco Casserole
- 2 ounces Tortilla Chips (about 24), plus additional for serving
- 1 Tbs Chili Oil (or olive oil and chili powder)
- 1 Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Ground Sirloin
- 2 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 1 cup Mild Salsa
- 2.5 cups White Land-O-Lakes American Cheese, grated
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional: Other toppings such as jalepenios, olives, sour cream, etc.
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat oven to 350.
Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until soft. Heat refried beans in a sauce pan over medium low heat, stirring frequently until beans are steaming, then add the grated white american cheese and mix until cheese disappears. Add meat and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a potato masher, for about 5 minutes. Add bean mixture and salsa. Mix well and continue to cook until salsa thickens.
Line the bottom of a large baking dish with tortilla chips, pressing down on them lightly to break them into bite-sized pieces. Spread the meat and bean mixture over the chips and top with cheese. Add sliced jalepenos or other toppings that you want to be cooked. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey.
Scoop up with additional chips or serve with Spanish rice to make a meal.