Lemon Bars Perfected
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons)
- zest from 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preparation time 20mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar and salt. Add melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix shortly just to get a soft dough.
Place the dough into 9 x 13 inch baking dish lined with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
While the crust is baking, mix whole eggs together with sugar until fluffy. Add lemon juice and zest and mix some more until sugar starts dissolving. Add flour and baking powder and mix just until incorporated.
Pour the lemon curd mixture over hot shortbread crust and return the pan to the oven. Bake for about 35-45 minutes more or until set in the middle. Cool completely before cutting. Serve dusted with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- Garden Tomato soup with Cashew... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bombs 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- PEACH CAKE 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Banana Split Cupcakes 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Cucumber Salad with Lime... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Grapefruit Honey Smoothie 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Flounder with Lemon... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)