- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 5 cups chopped leeks, white and light green - (4 to 8 leeks)
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled white boiling potatoes - (8 small)
- 3 cups chopped zucchini - (2 zucchini)
- 1 1/2 quarts Chicken Stock (see recipe) (or canned broth)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fresh chives or julienned zucchini for garnish
Heat the butter and oil in a large stockpot, add the leeks, and saute over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, zucchini, chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil; then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and then process through a food mill fitted with the medium disc. Add the cream and season to taste. Serve either cold or hot, garnished with chopped chives and/or zucchini.
This recipe yields 6 servings.