Leek and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lb potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cups sliced leek with some of green top (about 1 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Additional whipping (heavy) cream, heated, if desired
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 3-quart saucepan, place potatoes, leek, garlic, salt and broth. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered 20 to 25 minutes or until tender (do not drain). Mash potato mixture with potato masher or electric mixer on low speed.
In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream and the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Add cream mixture to potato mixture; continue mashing until potatoes are light and fluffy. Add additional heated whipping cream for desired consistency. Stir in chives.