Pork with Persimmons and Mustard Greens
- 2 lb. Pork loin, tied
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb persimmons, tops trimmed, cut into 1 1/2" wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch (14oz) mustard greens, large stems removed
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season pork with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place pork in a 12 inch cast iron or other heavy oven proof skillet.
2. Toss Persimmons and garlic with oil; season with salt and pepper. Scatter around pork. Roast 15 min. Turn over persimmons and continue to roast until pork reaches and internal temp. reaches 125 degrees, 20-25 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest 15 min. ( pork will continue to cook as cools). Meanwhile, if persimmons are still firm, roast until fork tender.
3. Transfer Persimmons to serving platter. add mustard greens to pan. season with salt and saute over medium heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer greens to platter. Add wine to pan and cook until reduced by 2/3. Thinly slice pork, and arrange on top of the persimmons and greens. Spoon sauce over top and serve.
You'll also love
- Buttery Lemon Broccolini 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Fried Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Sausage and Cheese Calzone 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cake: Apple Spice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Persimmon's Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheryl's Persimmon Pudding 5/5 (1 Votes)