They’re pumpkin smoothies. And they’ll rock your world.
I had my doubts myself before I ever made a pumpkin smoothie for the first time. I imagined a watery, semi-creamy concoction that would likely taste like three-week old pumpkin pie juice. (Huh? Gross.) Instead, it turned out to be one of the creamiest, most delicious treats I’d ever tasted—almost like a pumpkin milkshake, but not nearly as sinful.
Using pumpkin pie filling, frozen solid before blending, gives the smoothie a lovely built-in sweetness and flavor, and the vanilla yogurt takes the flavor over the top. If you’d like to have a little more control over the sugar in your smoothie, though, you can sub pumpkin puree (make your own; it’s a cinch!) and plain yogurt, then add in whatever sweetener (sugar, honey, agave nectar, orange juice, etc) you’d like.
But boy, oh boy. Try it this way first.
You’ve gotta trust me on this one.
- 1 can (15 Ounce) Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3 cups Whole Milk (more If Needed)
- 1/2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (up To 1 Cup)
- A Few Dashes Of Cinnamon
- Cinnamon Graham Crackers, Crushed
Well ahead of time, place pumpkin pie filling into a freezer-safe container. Freeze for a few hours or until frozen solid.
To make the smoothie, add milk, and yogurt to a blender. Drop in the frozen pumpkin pie filling and blend until the frozen filling is completely pulverized. Add more milk or yogurt as needed to get it the consistency you’d like.
Pour into individual glasses and sprinkle the tops with graham cracker crumbs. Serve immediately!
*Note: Make a lower-calorie smoothie by using unsweetened/unflavored pumpkin puree, nonfat plain yogurt, and the sweetener of your choice.
Can also sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg instead of graham cracker crumbs.
You'll also love
- Homemade Strawberry Pound Cake 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Mashed Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Kolokythokeftedes (Zucchini and... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Moist Pumpkin Bread with Caramel... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)