Grilled Mushrooms On Arugula
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 bunch arugula stems removed
- 12 large fresh white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
Prepare a seasoning sauce by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, and sugar. Preheat the boiler. Divide arugula evenly among 6 salad plates.
Rinse. Remove mushroom stems. Place mushrooms rounded-side up on a broil rack. Brush seasoning sauce on the mushroom caps. Position the rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat and broil until the mushrooms look brown and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. They cook very quickly, so keep an eye on them.
Immediately place the mushrooms on top of the arugula. Pour the small amount of seasoning sauce left in the pan over the arugula. Toast sesame seeds in a skillet over moderate heat until golden. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the arugula and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Mushroom Packets 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Mushroom Orzo 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Glazed Mushrooms And Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- German Style Mushrooms With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crustless Mushroom And Spinach Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Portabellos With Sautéed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula, Enoki, Garlic Chips And... 0/5 (0 Votes)