Rice Krispies Treat Neapolitan Cake
Take Rice Krispies Treats to the next level by flavoring them with strawberry and chocolate and stacking them into “cake” layers to create a dessert that resembles a Neapolitan sundae. Kids love it!
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) package marshmallows, divided
- 12 cups puffed rice cereal (Rice Krispies), divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package strawberry marshmallows
- 8 Maraschino cherries with stems
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 105mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Butter 3 (8-inch) cake pans and line with parchment paper.
For chocolate layer microwave 2 tablespoons butter and chocolate on high in a large glass bowl for 30 second intervals until melted; toss with 1/2 (16-ounce) package marshmallows. Microwave on high 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until puffed and melted. Immediately stir in 4 cups puffed rice cereal, mixing well. Press into one prepared pan with wet fingers. Let stand 30 minutes or until firm.
For vanilla layer, repeat procedure omitting chocolate.
For strawberry layer, repeat procedure omitting chocolate and using strawberry marshmallows.
Spread 1/2 cup frosting between layers. Cut into 8 wedges. Decorate each wedge with a dollop of frosting and a cherry.
You'll also love
- StoveTop Stuffing Meatloaf 4.3/5 (44 Votes)
- Orange Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Boozy Spice Cake 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Orange Creamsicle Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Healthy Paleo Fudge 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Rice Krispies Original Treats™ 4.6/5 (18 Votes)