Cookie Monster's Famous Sugar Cookie Dough
This classic sugar cookie recipes is perfect for any holiday, occasion or just when the Cookie Monster wants a cookie! Decorate them to your preference.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 80mins
Cooking time 100mins
Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that's a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
Measure 1 cup of sugar. Pour sugar over butter. With fork, squash butter and sugar together until they are blended.
Crack shells of two eggs and pour eggs over mixture in bowl.
Measure 1 teaspoon vanilla and pour over mixture. With fork, blend everything in the bowl together.
Measure 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
Measure 1 teaspoon baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
Measure 1 teaspoon of salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
Mix everything together either with the fork or with your hands.
Put dough in icebox to chill (at least one hour).
After chilling the dough, roll it out to 1/4" thick. Cut with your favorite cookie cutter. Place on a prepared cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper, or a baking mat. Bake at 400°F for about 10-12 minutes.
If you'd like, you can sprinkle colored sugar on the cookies before baking, or decorate with frosting after cooled.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Fried Dough 3.9/5 (180 Votes)
- Ham and Pineapple Cheeseball 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Orange Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pudding Mix Frosting 4/5 (62 Votes)
- Vanilla Pudding Chocolate Chip... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Old Timey Southern Tea Cakes 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
Review this recipe