Orange Blueberry Muffins
These orange blueberry muffins are moist and delicious. They're great for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack!
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled, 2 sticks
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries tossed in a bit of flour
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 8 Texas-size (3 1/2 inches in diameter and 2 inches deep) muffin cups with butter or cooking spray. (*see note below)
Whisk together the milk, orange juice, sour cream, eggs, and butter in a medium mixing bowl.
Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
Gently fold the orange zest into the batter, then gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup just to the top. Bake the muffins for about 25 minutes, until they are golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool the muffins in the pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and glaze.
To make the glaze: combine all three ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture on top of each muffin. Serve warm or at room temp. They are amazing amazing warm!
Notes: Instead of making "Texas" size muffins, you can make them in a regular size muffin pan. Bake them for about 16 minutes. Test them with a toothpick at 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pepper Soup 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Wings with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Homemade Kentucky Blackberry... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Monkey Bread 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Pie 4.5/5 (31 Votes)