Grill Roasted Apple & Pumpkin Bisque
- 2 Granny Smith apples, halved and cored
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the apple halves, cut sides down, over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until nicely browned and the skins start to pop off, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill, let cool, remove the skins, and chop into large pieces.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the butter and sauté the celery, onion, and carrot until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the apples and cider. Simmer until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin and cream; return to a simmer and then add the allspice and nutmeg.
Using a hand blender, puree until smooth (or strain the solids, place the solids in a blender, puree, and add back to the liquid). Heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)