Pork with Egg Noodles
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lb pork fillet
- 8 scallions
- 2/3 lb celery
- 2/3 lb small button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb egg noodles
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
Preheat oven to low setting to keep port warm later. Put large pot of lightly salted water on to boil for noodles.
Cut pork into thin strips; season with pepper. Trim, rinse, and slice onions and celery; clean and slice mushrooms.
Heat half the olive oil in wok or frying pan over high heat and stir-fry pork 4-5 minutes, until lightly coloured. Remove and keep warm.
Add remaining oil to work or pan with celery and half the scallions and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
Add noodles to boiling water, cook for 33 minutes, then drain well.
Stir mustard and whipping cream into vvegetables and bring mixture to boil. Add port, heat through, then season to taste.
Serve pork stir-fry spooned over noodles, sprinkled with remaining scallions.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken & Noodles 4.5/5 (234 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (147 Votes)