Glazed Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Yield: 4 to 6 servings Prep Time: 90 min (includes marinating) Cook Time: 8 min
Equipment: Wooden skewers
Place the shrimp in a large sealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, hoisin, garlic and pepper. Pour half of the mixture into the bag with the shrimp and set the remaining half aside. Seal the bag then shake it lightly so that the shrimp are thoroughly coated. Refrigerate the shrimp for 1 hour.
While the shrimp marinate, soak the wooden skewers in water.
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Slide several shrimp onto each of the wooden skewers then place the skewers on the grill and cook the shrimp until pink throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side. While the shrimp cook, transfer the remaining half of the honey-garlic mixture to a small saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer and cook it just until it has thickened into a glaze, about 5 minutes. Set the glaze aside.
Remove the shrimp skewers from the grill or grill pan and brush them with the prepared glaze. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)