Asian Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced sweet red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely-chopped fresh gingerroot (or 1/2 tspn ground ginger)
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce or oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions (scallions)
In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook mushrooms, pepper, 1/2 cup water, ginger, garlic and bouillon cube, stirring constantly until bouillon cube is dissolved and vegetables are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in cup, combine remaining 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch; set aside. To skillet add green onions, peanut butter, fish sauce and reserved cornstarch mixture; cook and stir until mixture is clear, thickens and boils, about 1 minute. Serve over grilled chicken breasts, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 2 cups).
You'll also love
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)