Shrimp-Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms - (abt 1 lb) cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped onion
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs divided
- 8 ounces peeled and cooked shrimp chopped
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut portabella stems flush with caps, discard dry ends and chop enough of remaining stems to make 1/2 cup; set aside.
In large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
In large bowl, combine cooked mushroom mixture, shrimp, egg, lemon juice, salt and hot sauce. Divide among mushroom caps. Sprinkle each with some of remaining bread crumbs. Bake until mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.