Shiitake Mushroom Sauce With Marsala
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock preferably homemade
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet saute the shallots in butter for 1 minute. Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
Add the Marsala to the pan and cook over high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and cook until reduced by half. Add the cream and cook over high heat for 3 minutes or until the sauce is of a creamy consistency. Return the mushrooms to the pan, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with chicken breasts, steaks, pork or veal.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushrooms Kathleen 0/5 (0 Votes)