Cajun Cabbage Soup
- 1 Onion - Chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - Chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Margarine
- 1/2 lb of Ham - Chopped or Shredded
- 1 Bag of Potatoes - Squared
- 2 Heads of Cabbage - Finely Chopped
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup of Cilantro - Chopped
- 1/8 Cup of Green Onion - Chopped
- 1/8 Cup of Carrots - Chopped Fine
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Pepper
- David's Creole Seasoning
Chop Onion, Garlic and Ham
Using a Dutch Oven...add Olive Oil and Butter, browning Onion, Garlic and Ham. While Browning Process has begun chop Cabbage and peel Potatoes (Squares).
Add Cabbage and Potatoes to the mix and add about 2 Cups of Chicken Stock.
Add Salt, Pepper, Cilantro, Carrots, Green Onions and Seasoning...not too much Seasoning, adding Chicken Stock to gain the flavor.
Sautee that and every once in a while slowly keep adding stock. DON'T OVERFLOW WITH STOCK. The key is Sautee it a little at a time and while not boiling.