SPICE-RUBBED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE, MANGO AND POMEGRANATE CHUTNEY Adapted from Bobby Flay
- For the chutney:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 habanero chili, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored, half diced and half sliced
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted, half diced and half sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- For the pork:
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bone-in pork chops, 8 ounces each, 1 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil.
Cooking time 35mins
1. Prepare chutney: Place oil in medium sauté pan over high heat. Add onion, ginger and chili, and sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in diced apple, diced mango, apple cider, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and add apple slices and mango slices. Sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and allow to cool to room temperature. Fold in cilantro and pomegranate seeds, and set aside.
3. Prepare pork: heat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Rub one side of each chop with spice mixture, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place a medium ovenproof skillet over high heat, and add oil. When oil is smoking, place chops in pan rub-side down, and allow to sear for 30 seconds. Turn chops over, and place pan in oven until interior temperature reaches 160 degrees (for medium doneness), 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a heated platter, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve garnished with chutney.
Yield: 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Noodle Cheese Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Genny's Lemon Squares 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken or Pork Lo Mein 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Plantain Crusted Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Crisp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Cuban Chicken with Black... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pomegranate Jelly 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mango Key Lime Pie 4/5 (115 Votes)