Grilled Shrimp Caprese
- Marinated Tomatoes:
- 1 1/2 lbs Roma tomatoes, cored* and cut into 1" pieces
- 20 medium fresh basil leaves, stems removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb capellini (angel hair) pasta, cooked according to package
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lb 26/30 or 21/25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
Note: To preserve juices and seeds, use a pairing knife to remove
just the top of the core on each tomato.
Combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and
salt in a large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cover, set aside and
marinate for at least 1 hour.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and let
melt. Stir in white wine and bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and
Parmesan cheese and bring to a simmer. Let sauce reduce to desired
Add cooked, drained pasta and marinated tomatoes to skillet. Stir
to thoroughly coat pasta with sauce.
Transfer pasta and sauce to serving platter and top with mozzarella
Grill or Saute shrimp until internal temperature reaches 150°F and
Place serving platter in broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese
Top pasta with cooked shrimp and serve.