Portuguese-style Shrimp in Garlic
This looks and tastes the the Garlic Shrimp that you would order from a Portuguese/Spanish restaurant.
- 2 pounds shrimp, without heads
- 1 1/2 heads garlic, chopped very fine or mashed
- Lime juice
- Parsley, chopped to taste
- Spanish olive oil, preferably virgin
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Peel the shrimp and marinate them with the salt, parsley and lime juice for a few minutes. Meanwhile, mash or chop the garlic.
Cover the bottom of a deep fry pan with olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook just until tender—about 1 minute—being careful not to burn it.
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with lots of French bread for dipping into the sauce.
You'll also love
- Carrot cake bread for the bread... 3.7/5 (48 Votes)
- WW Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers 3.8/5 (41 Votes)
- Classic New York Style Cherry... 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Bisque With Crab 3.8/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicarrones de Pollo (Puerto Rican... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Lumpiang Ubod (Fresh Spring Rolls) 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Pizza: Roasted Garlic White Pizza... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)