Madelines w/Raspberry & Lemon Curd
From Little French Kitchen and Sweet Julia
- 4 1/2 ounces/130 grams sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 7 ounces/200 grams butter, melted and cooled, plus more for buttering
- 7 ounces/200 grams plain flour, plus more for flouring
- 1/4 ounce/10 grams baking powder
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated zest only
- 3/4 ounce/20 grams honey
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 24 raspberries
- Lemon Curd
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cups lemon juice (from 4 to 6 lemons)
- Zest from 4 lemons
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
For the madeleines: Beat the sugar with the eggs until pale and frothy. Put the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl and add the lemon zest.
Mix the honey and milk with the cooled butter, and then add to the eggs. In two batches, fold in the flour mixture. Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C /Gas 5. Butter and flour a 12-shell madeleine tin.
Put a heaped tablespoon of batter into each madeleine shell and press a raspberry deep into the batter. Bake for 5 minutes and turn the oven off for 1 minute (the madeleines will get their signature peaks), and then turn the oven on to 325F/160 degrees C/Gas 3 and bake for a further 5 minutes. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes until cool enough to handle. Repeat with the remaining batter and raspberries.
While the second batch is baking, pop the piping nozzle into the mound in each baked madeleine and squirt in a teaspoon's worth of lemon curd. Repeat with the second batch. Dust with icing sugar and serve straightaway.
Beat the eggs and sugar in heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Add the lemon juice, zest and butter. Heat the mixture to a boil, then remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
Transfer the lemon curd to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a few weeks.
You'll also love
- Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Asparagus-Spinach Pesto Pasta with... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Yams 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Butterflied Chicken with Rosemary,... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pan Roast of Cod, Pears &... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Persimmon Apple Cake 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Lemon-Honey Buttercream 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Bisquick Blueberry Muffin Low Fat 4.1/5 (19 Votes)