Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
This recipe is from the Taste of Home Award winner's book, 2014.
- 3 C uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 C finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package ( 8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 2 C (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese, and 1 C mozzarella Cheese. Drain pasta; stir into the sausage mixture. Tansfer to a greased 11 in.x 7 in. baking dish.
2. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 min. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 min. longer or until cheese is melted.