Puff Pastry Blueberry Cobbler
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 pound blueberries (frozen or fresh, don't thaw frozen berries in advance)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet the berries are)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. instant tapioca, ground* or
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch or
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
1. Thaw pastry according to package directions - 30 to 40 minutes. Once thawed, place a 1 quart casserole or baking dish on it and cut the pastry to fit.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
3. If using fresh berries, pick through them discarding any red ones and checking for stems.
4. Mix together remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and pour into casserole. Spread evenly and ad pieces of butter on top.
5. Place the puff pastry on top and gently press down. Cut 4 slits in the top.
6. Bake in center of oven until pastry is puffed and golden and fruit is bubbling around edges - 40 to 50 minutes.
*Note: I've never seen tapioca starch, so I buy instant tapioca and grind it in the electric coffee grinder I use for spices. It you don't grind it you end up with little tapioca balls in the mixture and I don't like them.
You'll also love
- Best Ever Blueberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Canadian Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deluxe Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- How to Make Pizza Sauce with San... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham, Swiss & Apple Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lychee Strawberry smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blueberry Cranberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)