Recipe source: Relish.com
You can use frozen spinach, but be sure to thaw and squeeze out all the water.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 (4-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4 inch
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pieces bacon
- 12 oz. spinach, stemmed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs (plain or Italian)
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray bottom of a casserole pan with nonstick spray.
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with half the salt and pepper.
3. Place bacon in skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Set aside 15 to 20 large spinach leaves. Add remaining spinach to skillet and stir until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer wilted spinach into bowl of a food processor. Add cream cheese, Parmesan, bacon and remaining salt. Process until just smooth.
5. Place reserved spinach leaves on top of chicken. Place 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on top and spread. Roll up chicken, dip in egg whites and roll in breadcrumbs. Place seam side down in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon on marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to oven and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese melts.
You'll also love
- Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Honey BBQ Crack Chicken 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Kielbasa, Chicken & Pasta Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Chicken 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe