Super Scalloped Potatoes
A rich and creamy comfort food that will wow your guests, this familar side dish is made into something special when you comvine the potatoes with a suble hint of sherry and two cheeses.
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp sherry
- 1 (8 oz) pkg sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and thinly slice potatoes.
2. Place potatoes in large saucepan with just enough cold water to cover.
Bring to boil over high heat; cook 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small saucepan over medium low heat cream with butter, garlic and cheese until cheese starts to melt. Stir in sherry, salt, and pepper.
4. Drain potatoes; put into large, shallow casserol dish. Pour cream mixture over all.
5. Bake until top is golden and edges are bubbling about 25 mins.
You'll also love
- Fresh Blackberry Cake 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- WW Shrimp Enchilada Casserole... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Ham (Jamon con Pina) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Italian Dressing (sort of... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Nova Scotia Lobster Chowder 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Escalloped Chicken - "Great... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lobster Mashed Potatoes 3.8/5 (30 Votes)