Roast Goose With Baked Apples
- 6 medium firm apples - (to 8) cored
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 whole wild goose - (6 to 8 lbs)
- Seasoned salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 carrot cut 1" pieces
- 1 celery stalk cut 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into 8 pieces
- Apple brandy as needed
Remove a thin strip of peel from the top of each apple. In medium mixing bowl, combine remaining apple ingredients and mix well.
Stuff apples with sweet potato mixture, mounding on top. Place in shallow baking dish. Set apples aside.
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Pat goose dry with paper towels. Sprinkle cavity lightly with seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Place carrot, celery, and onion in cavity.
Tie drumsticks across cavity. Tuck wing tips behind back. Place, breast-side up, on rack in roasting pan. Sprinkle outside of goose with seasoned salt, salt, and pepper.
Roast, basting frequently with pan juices and sprinkling occasionally with brandy, until desired doneness, about 20 to 25 minutes per pound. Drain and discard excess fat during roasting.
Place stuffed apples in oven during last 30 to 45 minutes of roasting. Baste apples frequently with goose drippings. Remove apples when fork-tender. Allow goose to rest 20 minutes before carving and serving.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garfish Mississippi 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Fried Squirrel With Onion Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Wild Turkey Fingers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)