Yucatan Scallops with Avocado Salsa
Achiote Powder,made from annatto seeds,is what gives the scallops the distinctive red colour and superb flavour in this very easy recipe.It can be found in packets at most Latin American markets.The salsa is really just a chunky guacamole-you know,Super Bowl food for scallops!This dish is best made with large scallops.Ask your fishmonger for U30 scallops,which means about 30 scallops per pound.
- 36 scallops (1.1 lbs/500g total)
- 1 (10g)packet achiote powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bowl avocado salsa
- fresh cilantro,for garnish
Carefully remove any adductor tissue(the little firm piece of flesh on the side of the scallops)from the scallops.Place the scallops in a bowl.Open the packet of achiote powder and sprinkle it over the scallops.Add half of the olive oil and toss to coat the scallops thoroughly.Let the scallops marinate in the fridge for 1 hour,stirring occasionally.
Add the other halfe of olive oil to a medium-hot pan or spray cooking oil onto a hot grill and add the scallops.Cook the scallops on one side for 3 min.then flip and cook another 2 min.do not overcook.Scallops can be eaten raw and in the recipe are beast served medium-rere.Divide the salsa among the plates and top with 6 scallops per portion.Garnish each with a spring of fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- Pork Chop and Cabbage Casserole -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sylvia's Sweet Potato Souffle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crawfish Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Jello Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Cheese Box or Ring 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Mango Avocado Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coquille of Shrimp and Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)