Sylvia's Sweet Potato Souffle
Thanksgiving isn't a holiday without this tasty vegetable that tastes like dessert!
- 2 cups mashed sweet potato, cooked. About 5 med size potatoes. Can mix with yams.
- 1/2 cup Sugar - can substitute brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup canned milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
Mix all together and bake in baking dish at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Add topping and bake 10 minutes more.