Zesty Lemon Chicken
- 6 tablespoons mild-flavored honey - (to 8)
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon pulp
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast butterflied
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Make the sauce by whisking the honey, lemon juice, zest and pulp together in a small bowl until blended. Stir in the plum sauce, pour into a small saucepan; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine egg with the salt and white pepper. Lightly coat the chicken with the cornstarch; dip into the egg mixture and coat in the cornstarch again. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Shake off the excess cornstarch prior to cooking.
In a wok, heat the oil until hot. Cook the chicken, a couple pieces at a time, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat; add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens.
Cut the chicken across the grain into 1/2-inch slices. Place the chicken on a serving plate. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (737 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)