The Biggest Loser's Baked Eggs in Turkey Cups
The Biggest Loser's Baked Eggs in Turkey Cups - a light but satisfying breakfast that won't undo your diet.
- 6 ounces deli turkey, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup salsa or grilled vegetables
- 18 large egg whites or 2 1/4 cups liquid egg white or egg substitute (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated low-fat Cheddar cheese
Adapted from fabulousfoods.com
If Using fresh eggs: Separate 18 whites into a medium mixing bowl Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and whisk lightly. Transfer to a liquid measuring cup. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Lightly coat each cup of a standard-sized nonstick muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray.
Line each muffin cup with 1/2 ounce of the turkey. There will probably be a little excess extending from the top of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the salsa or grilled vegetables into each cup.
Measure 3 tablespoons of the egg whites or egg substitute into each muffin cup. (After the first "muffin," you can pour the whites from the liquid measuring cup to the same level as the fist muffin cup, rather than measuring 3 tablespoons each time.)
Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are puffed and the center is set. Carefully remove the baked eggs from the pan and place 2 egg cups on each serving plate. Garnish with the cilantro and cheese.
You'll also love
- Potatoes Stroganoff 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Basil Tortellini Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orecchiette with Caramelized... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Citrus Garlic Turkey Breast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Eggs with Hash Browns and... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Eggs With Spinach 4.5/5 (4 Votes)