Vegan Sweet Potato Spice Frozen Latte
Be different and drink Sweet Potato Spice Frozen Lattes instead of the big chain's pumpkin one. It's easy to make and will keep you cool while you dream about fall!
- 1/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/4 cup (63ml) cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup (63ml) vegan creamer
- 1 cup (250ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc. (I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin (do not leave out – it holds it together!)
- 2 cups ice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthan gum and ice. Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Remember this is a concentrated flavor so it needs to be a little sweeter now to be just right later.
Then add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it 1/2 cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
You can add more coconut milk if it’s too thick or you can add more ice if it’s too thick.
Makes about 2 to 3 servings
soy-free, gluten-free, no added oil