Mini Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely-grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar plus
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice strained
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease 2 mini muffin tins (each with 12 (1 3/4-inch) wells) with 1 tablespoon softened butter and set aside.
In a large bowl, sift together cake flour, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
In a medium bowl, combine the egg and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and beat in the yogurt, remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice, zest and vanilla until well incorporated, about 30 seconds. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry just until moistened and being careful not to over-mix. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins, filling each halfway.
Bake until the muffins are set and golden brown and a tester comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a toothpick to poke several holes in the top of each muffin. Brush each muffin generously with the Lemon Glaze. Allow the muffins to cool for 10 minutes in the tin and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl, combine ingredients and whisk to incorporate.
This recipe yields 2 dozen.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)