Ground Beef and Broccoli Pasta
- 500 g box cut pasta - preferably penne
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- several sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 C beef broth
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parmesan cheese for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Place a large pot of water with a handful of salt on stove and bring to a boil.
In a large skillet, brown the beef in olive oil on medium high setting, for about 5-8 minutes, or until golden brown. Lower heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, peppers, and thyme, and continue to brown until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the beef broth and reduce to low heat, season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, while pasta is cooking. Remove 1/3 beef mixture, if desired, for next meal.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water, about 6-7 minutes or according to package directions for al dente. Pasta will still be too hard to eat at this point. Add broccoli florets to the pasta and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until pasta is firm to bite and broccoli is cooked. Drain pasta and broccoli into the skillet with 2/3 beef mixture.
Toss pasta and broccoli with beef mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Linguine With Spicy Red Clam Sauce 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Pampered Chef Cheesy Potatoes 3.3/5 (6 Votes)
- PINEAPPLE-ORANGE POUND CAKE 3.5/5 (18 Votes)
- French Onion Soup au Gratin... 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Lombardi (Southern Living) 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Luby's Cafeteria's Macaroni And... 3/5 (4 Votes)
- Ground Beef from Frozen 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheese Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)