Poor Man's Philly Beef and Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 T worcestershire sauce
- 2 T butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 small sweet peppers or 2 large bell peppers, sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ranch rolls, or other crusty rolls
1. Heat up a large skillet. Toss your ground beef into it and break it all up with a spatula.
2. Pour the contents of two packages lipton onion soup mix over the beef
and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of worshestershire sauce over the top as well. Stir it all in with a spatula and cook the beef over medium high heat until it’s all nicely browned.
3. While your poor mans beef is cooking :) slice up some sweet bell peppers and one nice onion.
4. Heat up another deep skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Once it has melted add your peppers on onion. Add a bit of salt and let them cook until golden and wilted, stirring occasionally.
5. Once your ground beef has browned take 6 slices of provolone cheese
and lay them over the top.
Turn the heat off and cover the pan with a lid.
Once the cheese has melted, remove the pan from the stove top.
6. Slice a bun in half and dish some of the cheesy meat onto it.
Cover the beef with some beautiful sautéed peppers and onions and you are ready to serve.