Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
A creamy Alfredo fettuccine spiced with cajun seasoning and served with blackened shrimp that makes for a quick and tasty meal for the family that is also sure to impress guests!
- 8 ounces fettuccine or your favourite pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced (optional)
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Start cooking the pasta.
Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, toss the shrimp in the cajun seasoning, add to pan and cook, about 2-3 minutes per side, and set aside.
Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a 30 seconds.
Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the heavy cream, parmesan and cajun seasoning and cook until it thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
Toss the pasta in with the Alfredo sauce along with the shrimp and serve garnished with green onions.
You'll also love
- Shrimp-stuffed Eggplants 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Sausage, Cabbage & Root Vegetable... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Tomato Cream Pasta Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Mediterranean Snapper 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Browned Butter Crab Risotto 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- French Onion Chicken Noodle... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Gnocchi 3.9/5 (38 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Shrimp Portofino 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
Review this recipe