Orzo Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 8 ounces orzo
- 1 cup feta or goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
Cut off about 1/2-inch from the top of each tomato. With a finger, scoop out the seed pockets and, over the sink, remove the seeds and juice. With a small sharp knife, remove the inner pulp and discard or save for another use. Place the tomatoes upside down on a rack to drain.
In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Place the raisins in a small bowl and add the boiling water. Let sit until plumped up, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, raisins, feta, green onions, cucumbers, pine nuts, mint, olive oils, and lemon juice, and toss to combine. Add salt, to taste. Scoop the mixture into the tomato shells and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Kicked Up Anchovy-Stuffed Green... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Brandy And Orange-Mashed Sweet... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Ziti In Mornay Sauce With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fruited Couscous Breakfast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Breaded Orange Roughy With Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato And Cucumber Sandwiches... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Orzo Soup 4.6/5 (30 Votes)