Yield:10 1/2 cups (about 2 quarts)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
Bring the sugar and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer, without stirring, until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
Put the strawberries and lime juice into a food processor and puree. Press the strawberry puree through a strainer to remove the seeds.
When the sugar syrup has cooled completely add it to the strawberry puree. Add the corn syrup and stir well. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet is particularly soft after churning but firms up after freezing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)