Chorizo And Mussels In Tomato-Wine Broth
- 8 ounces chorizo removed from
- casings and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely-chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup roughly-chopped fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped parsley leaves
- 3 pounds fresh mussels well scrubbed, and debearded
- French Bread as an accompaniment
In a large saute pan, cook the chorizo until brown over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
Add the butter and when melted, add the onions, fennel, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine, cream, and parsley, and bring to a boil. Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the shells have opened, about 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the sausage. Discard any mussels that do not open. Transfer to a deep bowl and serve immediately with hot French bread for dipping.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.
You'll also love
- Celery Root-Pear Puree 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash And Italian... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tenderloin Sandwiches With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wasabi-Crusted Salmon With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato And Fresh Cheese Curd Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Dumplings With Asian Slaw... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Polish Deep-Fried Garlic Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)