- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups Brut Champagne
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets - (6 oz ea) skin removed
- Champagne Vanilla Sauce (see recipe)
Grease a 2-quart straight-sided saute pan with the butter. Add the Champagne, shallots, dill sprigs, chopped dill, and salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the fish to the pan and spoon the poaching liquid over them. Cook uncovered until the salmon is firm and cooked through, about 10 minutes. (If the poaching liquid does not cover the fish, spoon the liquid over the fillets as they cook.)
Using a slotted spatula, remove the fillets from the pan and blot excess liquid with a paper towel. Serve with the Champagne-Vanilla Sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.