- 3/4 pound veal stew meat diced 1" cubes
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns
- 4 cups veal stock
In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, add the oil. Season the veal with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the veal, brown for 2 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, peppercorns and stock. Bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 1 hour, or until very tender.
Remove from the heat and cool completely. Strain the veal, reserving the liquid. In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the veal and puree until smooth. Add the butter, bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of the reserved poaching liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)