Gather just five ingredients and make yourself a homemade strawberry cobbler! This is super-easy - the hardest part is waiting for the cobbler to bake. Yum!
- 1pint1 pint fresh strawberries
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1cup1 cup self-rising flour
- 1cup1 cup milk
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- by 9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Clean strawberries and slice into thick slices (for small berries, cut them in half). Place sliced strawberries in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, toss to coat and dot the berries with small pieces of softened butter. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix self-rising flour, 3/4 cup granulated sugar and milk until just combined. (Seriously, mix until the flour has just barely gotten all wet. If you mix it too much, the cobbler will turn out a tad rubbery.) Pour batter over strawberries.
Bake 1 hour until lightly golden browned and the berries are bubbly. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)
- Blueberry Biscuits 4.5/5 (142 Votes)