Glazed Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
- For the Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 4 large lemons)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (9 ounces)
- For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 4 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees with rack in center of oven. Generously spray a nonstick 10-inch (14-cup) Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping down sides of bowl. Stir in lemon zest and juice.
Whisk together 3 cups flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Toss blueberries with remaining tablespoon flour to coat. Gently fold blueberries into batter.
Transfer batter to prepared pan, smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Bake until a tester or wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, and the cake has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 1 1/4 hours. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, and zest until smooth; set aside.
Invert the cake onto a rack. Prick the surface all over with a wooden skewer. Brush the glaze over the surface of the cake and let cool completely. Store wrapped well in plastic wrap for up to 2 days at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Kurt’s Lettuce Cups 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Orange White Chocolate Bark with... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon-Basil Sorbet 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Triple Berry Angel Food Cake Roll 3.9/5 (56 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Brown Butter Blackberry Muffins 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MIX CHEESECAKE... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Tons of Blueberry Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)