Garbanzo Beans And Spinach Casserole
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage removed from casings, and chopped
- 1 can chickpeas - (15 oz) rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 package fresh spinach - (10 oz) stems removed, and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo until brown and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
To the oil in the pan, add the onion, bell pepper, salt, red pepper flakes and bay leaves and cook until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chickpeas, and cook, stirring, until the peas just begin to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Arrange 1/3 of the spinach in a casserole dish. Pour half of the chickpea mixture over the spinach, and top with another layer of spinach leaves. Pour the remaining chickpeas on top, and top with the remaining spinach. Pour the white wine over the top, cover and bake until the chickpeas are tender and the spinach is wilted, about 15 minutes, adding more wine or water as necessary.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)