Sweet Potato No-Skins
- 16 ounces 1/2"-thick rounds sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 2 ounces finely shredded all-natural,
- Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese)
- 4 teaspoons all-natural bacon bits
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil.
In a large glass or plastic mixing bowl, toss the potatoes and oil together until the potatoes are well coated.
Place the potato rounds in a single layer on the prepared pan so they do not touch. Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder, and cayenne evenly over the top of the potatoes. Bake them for 10 minutes. Flip them and bake for 7 to 9 minutes longer, or until they are tender inside and starting to brown lightly on the outside.
Push the potato rounds together so that they touch and you can easily top them in a single, even layer. First place the Cheddar, then the bacon bits, and then the scallions over the rounds. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately with 1/2 teaspoon of the yogurt on top of each, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings
Per serving: 141 calories, 7 g protein, 21 g carbs, 3 g fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber,
283 mg sodium