Skinny Salsa Chicken Taquitos
- 1.5 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup salsa (pace picante mild)
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 corn tortillas
- 10 tablespoons low-fat cheese
- salsa and fat-free sour cream for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from guygonevegan.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours, 12 minutes Total Time: 8 hours, 27 minutes Yield: Makes 5 Servings Serving Size: 2 taquitos per person
1.Add the chicken to the slow cooker, sprinkle with chili powder, and pour over salsa, add the water around the chicken.
2.Cover, and Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
3.Shred the chicken with 2 forks, and add the chicken and salsa to a metal strainer, and get all the liquid out of the chicken.
4.Wrap the tortillas in a moist paper towel, and microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Spread about 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla, and sprinkle a tablespoon of cheese on top of the chicken. Roll up the tortilla, and secure with 2 toothpicks.
5.Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, and place the taquitos on it, give the taquitos a spray of non-stick spray.
6.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
7.Put the taquitos in the oven and cook for 12 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.
8.Remove the toothpicks and serve with salsa, and fat-free sour cream if desired.
You'll also love
- Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf... 3.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Creamed Ham & Toast 3.8/5 (39 Votes)
- Red Wine BBQ Chicken 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Enchiladas (Kraft) 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- White Lightning Chicken Chili 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Corn Salsa 4.1/5 (9 Votes)