This cheese fondue recipe is a great base to make it your own. Use white wine, beer or Kirsch for the liquid to change the flavors. Try different dippers like soft pretzels or different fruits.
- 1 cup white wine, or beer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 clove garlic
- 7 ounces Gruyere cheese, cubed
- 7 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 7 ounces Emmentaler cheese, cubed
- Dash of cayenne pepper, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce
- Baguette cubes, apple and pear slices, possible potatoes or/and ham.
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Rub fondue pot with garlic clove, then press through garlic press into pot.
In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, bring 1 cup wine or beer and nutmeg, cayenne and worcester to a simmer. Gradually add cheese, stirring after each addition until cheese is melted before adding more.. Combine cornstarch with a little bit of wine or beer (or 3 tablespoons of Kirsch) until smooth; gradually stir into cheese mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and mixture is blended and smooth. Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes, apple and pear slices.
Yield: about 4 cups.
You'll also love
- Salted S’mores Truffles 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- True Vanilla Ice Cream 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Eggnog Latte 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Mexican White Cheese Dip 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Vegetables -... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke Olive Dip 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Reindeer Poop 4.4/5 (28 Votes)