The Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Roast
There's nothing more special and delicious at Christmastime or any time of year than a beautiful, perfectly cooked piece of roast beef. This prime rib is it!
- 1 whole rib eye roast (use either boneless or traditional bone-in prime rib), about 14 pounds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tri-color peppercorns
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup garlic, minced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Cut rib loin in half; roast halves separately for more controlled/even cooking.
Sear both halves in olive oil over very high heat until nice dark golden color.
Place tricolor peppercorns into a bag; crush peppercorns with a rolling pin. Strip the leaves from the rosemary and thyme springs. Mix salt, crushed peppercorns, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves and garlic.
Pour olive oil over the rib loin and pour on the rub mix. Pat slightly to get it to stick to the meat. Roast 20 to 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 300°F and roast another 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 125°F for rare/medium rare. Roast will continue to cook slightly after removing from the oven.
Remove from oven and let rest at least 20 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chess Pie with Graham... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Bread 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- ANCHO-RUBBED PRIME RIB STEAKS WITH... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Pork 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet and Sticky Baked Wings (or... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Rustic Beef Short Ribs with... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)