ANCHO-RUBBED PRIME RIB STEAKS WITH MANGO BUTTER
Ancho chile peppers are the dried version of the mildly spicy pobiano, a dark green pepper.
- Mango Butter
- 2 - 2-pound beef rib steaks, cut 2 to 2 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Prepare Mango Butter.
MANGO BUTTER: Seed and peel 1 small mango; cut into V^-inch slices. Lightly brush slices with olive oil. For a charcoal grill, grill mango on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes, turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place mango on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Chop the grilled mango. In a food processor, combine the chopped mango and 3/4 cup butter, softened. Cover and process with several on-off pulses until mango is finely chopped.
Trim fat from steaks. For rub, in a bowl, combine ancho chile pepper,cocoa powder, salt, and black pepper. Brush steaks with oil. Sprinkle pepper mixture evenly over steaks; rub in with your fingers.
For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place steaks on grill rack over drip pan. Cover grill for 30 to 35 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 35 to 40 minutes for medium (160°F). (For a gas gill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.)
Cut steaks into serving-size pieces. Serve with Mango Butter. Makes
You'll also love
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Squares 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Crumble 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Pork 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Blackberry Glazed Brown Butter... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Kielbasa Appetizer 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Rustic Beef Short Ribs with... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Slow Cook Beef Tips & Gravy 4.4/5 (41 Votes)