Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness + salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- corn starch slurry: 2 tablespoons cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
- optional: scallions, sesame seeds, cooked white or brown rice or fried rice
Adapted from lecremedelacrumb.com
1.Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces. Toss the chicken pieces in the corn starch. Cook the coated chicken in the preheated pan 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking, until chicken is cooked through and crisp on the outside.
2.In a small sauce pan whisk together all sauce ingredients except for corn starch slurry. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl combine cold water and corn starch for the slurry. Add to boiling sauce. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook a couple more minutes until thick.
3.Add sauce to chicken and stir to coat. Serve with rice and scallions or sesame seeds if desired.